Tuesday, March 24, 2015

THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW

Weary and worn I took a window seat to focus on the beauty through the glass.
Hoping to briefly forget the ache in my back and in my feet, I down and closed my eyes for a few quick
moments and said to myself:
“Will I ever be enough?  Will I ever measure up?  To who am I worthy enough for?”
I turned my head and glanced at the window… and there she was, the woman I wanted to be.
I smiled half heartedly and she smiled back kind of embarrassed at my thoughts of her.  Her eyes were
open with understanding and a general love that I could feel to my very core. Her smile was simple yet
magnetic. Her lips were full as if they wanted to share love and wisdom and hope.  Her hair was wavy
and curly at the same time with a band pulled back keeping her curly bangs from hanging in her face. 
 There was experience in her face and although fleeting I saw the shadows of   tears and pain and the
brightness of hope and laughter.  This woman has lived and this woman has loved and she wore her life
about her for the entire world to see, unedited, unaltered, raw and pure.   Our gazes locked and I could
feel the urging from her to come out from behind the glass and live the life I was meant to live.  I raised
my hand in a wave and slowly pressed it against the glass. Her hand found mine on the glass as well and
as I turned to go she disappeared in the window.   For a brief moment,  through the reflection of the
glass,  I connected with the woman I am supposed to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So eloquent. I love this. It gave me chill bumps. Did you see me behind you in the window?